Recipe inspired by Paula Deen. WARNING: BUTTER AHEAD.
“It’s hot…can I put it in the fridge?”
– Leandro (10 minutes after it came out of the oven)
– Leandro’s mom (after it had chilled)
8 oz cream cheese
4 oz plain yogurt (Greek, if you can get it)
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c powdered sugar
200 g butter (1.75 sticks) – room temperature
1 package yellow cake mix
1 c dulce de leche repostero (do not use clasico or you will regret it)
- Preheat oven to “medium-low.” Maybe 300°?
- Mix together TWO (just two) of the eggs with the cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, and powered sugar with a handheld mixer.
- Butter your cake pan and coat it with flour (or a spoonful of cake mix).
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and remaining egg. Add the cake mix. It should resemble cookie dough.
- Press the cookie dough-esque mixture into the bottom of the pan. Spread the dulce de leche on top, and then pour the cheesecake mixture overtop of that.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the center looks mostly set.